Staying with Energy Super
- If you’re a defined benefit member you will be moved to the defined contribution product. You don’t need to do anything as part of this transfer and we’ll give you information regarding your benefit as part of the process. Importantly, you can elect to continue your insurance cover as part of this transfer.
- If you’re a defined contribution member your insurance cover will continue automatically when you leave your employer. This means Energy Super continues to provide you with the same level of protection by just being a member.
- Your redundancy payments must be paid to your bank account and cannot be rolled into superannuation (please note specific conditions apply if you are over 65).
- Your ability to access super depends on the preservation status of your super and meeting a condition of release.
- On reaching your preservation age, consider setting up an Energy Super Income Stream
- explain what the offer consists of and review the payments
- help you make an informed decision on whether to apply for the redundancy offer or not
- review your budget and identify your essential and discretionary living needs
- determine if you’re eligible for Centrelink benefits
- assess your need for life insurance, and the type and level of cover
- consider your retirement position
- design and construct an investment portfolio within and outside of superannuation
- review your estate planning needs.
Broader financial issues can be addressed as part of our comprehensive financial advice service. A fee is charged for this level of advice. This includes further goal setting and realisation, cashflow and investment asset management, covering your lifestyle risks/insurance, wealth creation, retirement planning and estate planning.
Watch a Webinar
This webinar is specifically developed around redundancy and is available for you to view at any time. It provides useful information about how redundancy can affect you and answers some of the questions you’ll have.
- Why join us?
- Member benefits
- How do we compare?
- Member testimonials
- About our fund
- How do I join?
- News centre
- Managing your super
- Rollover your super
- Making contributions
- Changing jobs
- Investment options
- Compare investment options
- Change investment options
- What Assets Your Super Is Invested In?
- Pension Join
- Getting your super
- Performance & fees
- Financial advice
- Forms & tools