• Privacy statement. Your privacy is important to us

    LGIAsuper (the issuer of the Energy Super product) respectsyour privacy. All personal information collected via this form is protected in line with LGIAsuper’s Privacy policy. To find out more about how we collect and manage your personal information, please refer to our privacy policy available at energysuper.com.au

    LGIAsuper Trustee (ABN 94 085 088 484) (AFSL 230511) (the Trustee) as trustee for LGIAsuper (ABN 23 053 121 564) (RSE R1000160) (the Fund).
    Energy Super products are issued by the Trustee on behalf of the Fund.

  • Important information

    Who can you nominate?

    You can nominate as many beneficiaries as you like, as long as each beneficiary falls into at least one of the following categories:

    • Your spouse – a person who is married to you [valid under the Marriage Amendment Act 2017 (CTH)], a person who lives with you on a genuine domestic basis in a relationship as a couple or a person (whether of the same sex or different sex) with whom you are in a relationship that is registered under a law of a State or Territory.
    • Your children – including adopted, step or ex-nuptial, a child of your spouse and someone who is your child within the meaning of the Family Law Act 1975.
    • Another dependant, defined as:
      • A person who is wholly or partially financially dependent on you, or
      • A person in an interdependent relationship with you

    Two people will have an interdependency relationship if:

    • they live together;
    • they have a close personal relationship; and
    • one or each of them provides the other with financial and domestic support and personal care.

    Interdependency can also apply in the case where a close personal relationship exists but the other requirements for interdependency are not satisfied because either or both people suffer from a physical, intellectual or psychiatric disability.

    • Your Legal Personal Representative – the executor of your will or administrator of your estate.

    We recommend you seek professional legal, taxation and financial advice before making your nomination.

    Payments made to a legal personal representative may incur tax liabilities and expose the payment to insolvency laws. For further details we recommend you obtain advice from a licensed financial adviser.

  • Has your name changed?

    To prove that your name has changed, you will need to provide a certified (within 12 months) copy of a linking document. Some examples of linking documents can be seen below.

    If you have changed your name you’ll need a certified copy of one of these:

    • Marriage certificate (from the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Office).
    • Deed poll, or
    • Change of name certificate (from the Births, Deaths and Marriages Registration Office).


    All copied pages of ORIGINAL linking documents need to be certified as true copies by an individual approved to do so (see the list below).

    To certify your ID they need to:

    1. Compare the photocopy to the ORIGINAL document
    2. Stamp or write ‘This is a true and correct copy of the original’ followed by their signature, printed name and qualification (e.g. Justice of the Peace, Police officer) and the date.

    Who can certify your documents

    • Justice of the Peace (JP) or Commissioner for Declarations
    • a police officer
    • a notary public officer
    • a financial services company officer (e.g. bank or super fund employee) with two or more years of continuous service with one or more of those employers
    • a permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with two or more years of continuous service who is employed in an office supplying postal services to the public
    • a person enrolled on the roll of State or Territory Supreme Court or the High Court of Australia, as a legal practitioner
    • a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, CPA Australia or the National Institute of Accountants with five or more years of continuous membership.

    For a more extensive of individuals approved to certify your proof of identity, please go to our website – energysuper.com.au

  • Can I fax or email my proof of identification documents?

    Yes, we are able to accept proof of ID documents by email or fax as long as they are clear to read and certified (within 12 months). You can still post these documents, however you should consider this at your own risk.