Tax File Number notification
The Fund is authorised to collect your Tax File Number (TFN) by tax laws, the Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act 1993, the Privacy Act 1988 and subsequent amendments. By completing this form and providing it to the Fund, you will allow the Trustee to use your TFN for:
- Calculating tax on any benefit to which you may be entitled
- Provision to the ATO for taxation and contribution limit purposes
- Provision to the ATO so they can determine whether you are eligible for a co-contribution payment
- Finding and amalgamating your superannuation benefits
- Provision to the ATO when you receive a benefit or have unclaimed superannuation money after reaching the aged pension age
- Provision to another superannuation provider receiving benefits you may transfer (We won’t pass your TFN to any other superannuation provider if you tell us in writing that you don’t want us to pass it on).
Supplying your TFN is voluntary and it is not an offence if you choose not to provide it. However, if you choose not to provide your TFN to The Fund:
- We will not be able to accept any after-tax contributions (including spouse contributions) on your behalf
- Your taxable contributions received by us may be subject to additional tax of 30% plus Medicare (this is in addition to the 15% tax currently applicable to superannuation contributions)
- You may pay more tax on your superannuation benefit than is necessary (you may be eligible to get this back at the end of the financial year in your income tax assessment)
- It may be more difficult to find your superannuation benefit if you change address without notifying the Fund or to amalgamate any multiple superannuation accounts you may have
- You cannot receive the Government Co-contribution.
The lawful purposes for which your TFN can be used and the consequences of not quoting your TFN may change in the future as a result of legislative change.
More information on Tax File Numbers for superannuation purposes can be obtained from the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority on 1300 131 060 or the Australian Taxation Office on 13 10 20.
Your privacy is important to us
LGIAsuper Trustee (ABN 94 085 088 484) (AFSL 230511) (the Trustee) as trustee for LGIAsuper (ABN 23 053 121 564) (RSE R1000160) (the Fund).
Energy Super products are issued by the Trustee on behalf of the Fund.
Why join us?
- Member benefits
- About our fund
- Merger Information Hub
- How do we compare?
- How do I join?
- Environment, Social and Governance
Managing your super
- Consolidate your super
- Making contributions
- Changing jobs
- Investment options
- Compare investment options
- What Assets Your Super Is Invested In?
- Defined Benefit Account
- Getting your super
- Performance & fees
- Financial advice
Resources and Events
- Product disclosure statements
- Fact sheets
- Member Events and Seminars
- Advice tools and calculators
- Latest News
- Annual reports
- Frequently Asked Questions