Privacy statement - Your privacy is important to us
Last updated: 02 Aug 2018
This Privacy Statement provides you with details about the personal information we have collected from you, how we will manage that information and how to contact us if you have any privacy concerns, including if you want to make a complaint.
Why we collect personal information?
ESI Financial Services Pty Ltd (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Super) (ESIFS) collects your personal information in order to;
- communicate with you;
- identify and verify your identify and conduct appropriate checks;
- understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- manage and respond to complaints, investigations and disputes and report to dispute resolution bodies and regulatory bodies;
- provide you with the financial advice you may engage us to provide; and
- for the purposes of managing our ongoing relationship with you as further described in this statement.
How we manage your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to our authorised personnel, to Energy Super (if you are a member) and our service providers, including our administration services provider, insurers MLC and Beazley and financial planners.
If we collect your personal information, we will only use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it for or where you would reasonably expect us to. We may use and disclose your personal information in order to:
- provide you with the products and services agreed to between us and to administer this arrangement with you, and provide complementary services such as seminars, newsletters, educational materials;
- communicate with Government, Statutory or Regulatory bodies and Enforcement bodies;
- obtain legal and any other professional advisers or consultants opinion;
- deal and communicate with any other organisation or person, where you have asked them to provide your personal information to us or asked us to obtain personal information from them, for example, a family member or your spouse; a third party claimant or witnesses in a claim;
- utilise a service from web hosting companies, software provider or web application;
- conduct market research and analysis, develop and improve our products and services, and inform you about additional products and services that may be of interest to you; and
- meet legislative and regulatory obligations.
What happens if you do not give us your personal information?
If we ask for your personal information and you don’t give it to us, we may not be able to provide you with any, some, or all of the features of our products or services available to you.
How we collect your personal information
We generally collect your personal information directly from you, but may also collect it from other organisations such as Energy Super, your employer (if you are an Energy Super member), your representatives, organisations who provide products or services to you jointly with us, and from publicly available sources.
We may also be required to collect your personal information under anti-money laundering, corporations, family, insurance, superannuation and taxation legislation, or under court/tribunal orders.
* ESIFS is part of the ESI Group, which includes Electricity Supply Industry Superannuation (Qld) Ltd (ABN 30 069 634 439; AFSL 336567) (the Trustee), as Trustee for Energy Super (ABN 33 761 363 685) (the Fund); and ESI Financial Services Pty Ltd (ABN 93 101 428 782; AFSL 224952) (ESIFS), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Fund.